Author Topic: Sikap orang Kristen purba terhadap gambar  (Read 2202 times)

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
  • Tanah airku tidak kulupakan
  • Denominasi: Eastern Orthodox
Sikap orang Kristen purba terhadap gambar
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »
26 There came together therefore a gathering of a great multitude on John's account; and as he discoursed to them that were there, Lycomedes, who had a friend who was a skilful painter, went hastily to him and said to him: You see me in a great hurry to come to you: come quickly to my house and paint the man whom I show you without his knowing it. And the painter, giving some one the necessary implements and colours, said to Lycomedes: Show him to me, and for the rest have no anxiety. And Lycomedes pointed out John to the painter, and brought him near him, and shut him up in a room from which the apostle of Christ could be seen. And Lycomedes was with the blessed man, feasting on the faith and the knowledge of our God, and rejoiced yet more in the thought that he should possess him in a portrait.

27 The painter, then, on the first day made an outline of him and went away. And on the next he painted him in with his colours, and so delivered the portrait to Lycomedes to his great joy. And lie took it and set it up in his own bedchamber and hung it with garlands: so that later John, when he perceived it, said to him: My beloved child, what is it that thou always doest when thou comest in from the bath into thy bedchamber alone? do not I pray with thee and the rest of the brethren? or is there something thou art hiding from us? And as he said this and talked jestingly with him, he went into the bedchamber, and saw the portrait of an old man crowned with garlands, and lamps and altars set before it. And he called him and said: Lycomedes, what meanest thou by this matter of the portrait? can it be one of thy gods that is painted here? for I see that thou art still living in heathen fashion. And Lycomedes answered him: My only God is he who raised me up from death with my wife: but if, next to that God, it be right that the men who have benefited us should be called gods -it is thou, father, whom I have had painted in that portrait, whom I crown and love and reverence as having become my good guide.

28 And John who had never at any time seen his own face said to him: Thou mockest me, child: am I like that in form, thy Lord? how canst thou persuade me that the portrait is like me? And Lycomedes brought him a mirror. And when he had seen himself in the mirror and looked earnestly at the portrait, he said: As the Lord Jesus Christ liveth, the portrait is like me: yet not like me, child, but like my fleshly image; for if this painter, who hath imitated this my face, desireth to draw me in a portrait, he will be at a loss, the colours that are now given to thee, and boards and plaster (?) and glue (?), and the position of my shape, and old age and youth and all things that are seen with the eye.

29 But do thou become for me a good painter, Lycomedes. Thou hast colours which he giveth thee through me, who painteth all of us for himself, even Jesus, who knoweth the shapes and appearances and postures and dispositions and types of our souls. And the colours wherewith I bid thee paint are these: faith in God, knowledge, godly fear, friendship, communion, meekness, kindness, brotherly love, purity, simplicity, tranquillity, fearlessness, griefiessness, sobriety, and the whole band of colours that painteth the likeness of thy soul, and even now raiseth up thy members that were cast down, and levelleth them that were lifted up, and tendeth thy bruises, and healeth thy wounds, and ordereth thine hair that was disarranged, and washeth thy face, and chasteneth thine eyes, and purgeth thy bowels, and emptieth thy belly, and cutteth off that which is beneath it; and in a word, when the whole company and mingling of such colours is come together, into thy soul, it shall present it to our Lord Jesus Christ undaunted, whole (unsmoothed), and firm of shape. But this that thou hast now done is childish and imperfect: thou hast drawn a dead likeness of the dead.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/actsjohn.html

Data-data sejarah tentang sikap orang Kristen purba terhadap gambar/citra/lukisan/ikon, bahkan patung, mungkin ternyata jauh dari apa yang diperkirakan oleh para pembenci ikon. Kutipan diatas adalah dari injil  apokrif, Kisah Yohanes, tentang Yohanes dan muridnya, Lycomedes, yang melukis wajah Yohanes.
Dari data sejarah ini, tampaknya gambar bukanlah sesuatu yang haram bagi Kekristenan di masa itu.

Gambar paling awal yang diketemukan tentang Perawan Maria dengan bayi Yesus diperkirakan muncul sekitar tahun 150, di Katakombe Priskila, Roma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacomb_of_Priscilla

Jika dilihat dari wafatnya Rasul terakhir, yaitu Yohanes di sekitar tahun 100, maka ada jarak sekitar 50 tahun dengan munculnya gambar di atas. Sepertinya dapat ditarik kesimpulan bahwa Kekristenan purba tampaknya bukanlah tipe Kekristenan yang anti gambar.

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
Re: Sikap orang Kristen purba terhadap gambar
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:33:02 PM »
Fakta menarik lainnya adalah tentang kemungkinan lenyapnya Hellenistik Judaism yang tidak jelas, dengan beberapa kemungkinan, diantaranya adalah karena terpinggirkan, atau terserap oleh, atau bahkan menjadi Kekristenan Purba.

The reasons for the decline of Hellenistic Judaism are obscure. It may be that it was marginalized by, absorbed into, or became Early Christianity (see the Gospel according to the Hebrews).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_Judaism

Temuan di Dura Europos menunjukkan bahwa bahkan sinagoga Yahudi pun tidak anti terhadap gambar.

Tentunya hal ini mempertanyakan ulang PENAFSIRAN tentang

Kel 20:4  Jangan membuat bagimu patung yang menyerupai apapun yang ada di langit di atas, atau yang ada di bumi di bawah, atau yang ada di dalam air di bawah bumi.

Kata  פסלH6459, pesel dipahami sebagai gambar atau citra. Namun dalam kenyataan arkeologis di Dura-Europos ini, ayat tersebut jelas tidak ditafsirkan secara kaku.

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
Fakta sejarah yang menarik lainnya adalah patung Kristus yang dibuat dari perunggu oleh Bernike, atau Veronica, yaitu perempuan yang disembuhkan oleh Kristus dari sakit pendarahannya.

Luk 8:43  Adalah seorang perempuan yang sudah dua belas tahun menderita pendarahan dan yang tidak berhasil disembuhkan oleh siapapun.
Luk 8:44  Ia maju mendekati Yesus dari belakang dan menjamah jumbai jubah-Nya, dan seketika itu juga berhentilah pendarahannya.

Patung perunggu ini tentunya bahkan berasal dari zaman para Rasul, seperti yang dituturkan oleh Eusebius dan Sozomen.

On attaining the position of Emperor of the Roman Empire in 361 Julian the Apostate instigated a religious reformation of the Roman state, as part of a programme intended to restore the lost grandeur and strength of the Roman State.[26] He supported the restoration of Hellenic paganism as the state religion.[27] In Panease this was achieved by replacing the Christian symbols. Sozomen describes the events surrounding the replacement of a statue of Christ (which was also seen and reported by Eusebius):-
”Having heard that at Casarea Philippi, otherwise called Panease Paneades, a city of Phoenicia, there was a celebrated statue of Christ, which had been erected by a woman whom the Lord had cured of a flow of blood. Julian commanded it to be taken down, and a statue of himself erected in its place; but a violent fire from the heaven fell upon it, and broke off the parts contiguous to the breast; the head and neck were thrown prostrate, and it was transfixed to the ground with the face downwards at the point where the fracture of the bust was; and it has stood in that fashion from that day until now, full of the rust of the lightning.” [28]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarea_Philippi

Jadi, sekalipun tidak umum sebelum abad ke 8, pemanfaatan patung dalam Kekristenan purba sudah dimulai bahkan mungkin sejak zaman para Rasul.

Beberapa sumber lain mengenai patung ini,

Macarius Magnes:

Berenice, who once was mistress of a famous place, and honoured ruler of the great city of Edessa, having been delivered from an unclean issue of blood and speedily healed from a painful affection, whom many physicians tormented at many times, but increased the affection to the worst of maladies with no betterment at all, He made to be celebrated and famous in story till the present day in Mesopotamia, or rather in all the world - so great was her experience - for she was made whole by a touch of the saving hem of His garment. For the woman, having had the record of the deed itself nobly represented in bronze, gave it to her son, as something done recently, not long before.

http://www.danielmitsui.com/hieronymus/index.blog/1848869/bronze-statue-of-christ-erected-by-st-bernice/

Macarius Magnes diperkirakan hidup di abad ke 4 atau akhir abad 3, dan dengan demikian, penghormatan melalui sarana patung adalah hal yang tampaknya umum di saat itu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macarius_Magnes

Offline ond32lumut

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power:
  • The Jesuits University
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
nice info bro roderick..

lagian manusia tanpa gambar, atau simbol itu sesungguhnya sudah tidak manusiawi..
manusia yg sudah berfikir tidak manusiawi, hingga akhirnya pemikiran tersebut hanyalah retoris yg hampir tak mungkin di amalkan.

jelas terjadi salah paham terhadap ayat patung Kel 20:4  Jangan membuat bagimu patung yang menyerupai apapun yang ada di langit di atas, atau yang ada di bumi di bawah, atau yang ada di dalam air di bawah bumi.

bahwa patung yang dimaksud pada jaman sebelum agama, sebelum musa adalah patung yang memang dijadikan sebagai Tuhan.
setelah musa mengenalkan Allah, seiring berkembangknya budaya manusia, maka patung sudah bukan lagi Tuhan, melainkan menjadi sebuah bahasa, dan simbol-simbol, termasuk menyibolkan Tuhan yang diperkenalkan musa, hingga pada jaman kekristenan, Tuhan sudah diyakini mewujud menjadi manusia yang bernama Yesus. dan kini gambarnya, ataupun simbolnya digunakan oleh kekristenan sebagai bahasa pada dunia.
Apapun juga yang kamu perbuat, perbuatlah dengan segenap hatimu seperti untuk Tuhan dan bukan untuk manusia. Kolose 3 : 23

Offline Husada

• FIK council
  • Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Gerejaku Didirikan oleh Yesus Kristus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
Jika dilihat dari wafatnya Rasul terakhir, yaitu Yohanes di sekitar tahun 100, maka ada jarak sekitar 50 tahun dengan munculnya gambar di atas. Sepertinya dapat ditarik kesimpulan bahwa Kekristenan purba tampaknya bukanlah tipe Kekristenan yang anti gambar.
Jadi, mencermati perkiraan tahun itu, kira-kira, ketika ragawi Tuhan Jesus Kristus masih bersama murid-muridNya, kayaknya Gereja belum menggunakan gambar atau patung, ya? Kemudian, Kristen Perdana, untuk membantu imajinasi umat kepada Sang Juru Selamat, mulai dikenal alat bantu berupa gambar?
PRO ECCLESIA ET PATRIA, PRO PATRIA ET ECCLESIA

Offline Phooey

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: Χριστός
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:00:32 AM »
Jadi, mencermati perkiraan tahun itu, kira-kira, ketika ragawi Tuhan Jesus Kristus masih bersama murid-muridNya, kayaknya Gereja belum menggunakan gambar atau patung, ya? Kemudian, Kristen Perdana, untuk membantu imajinasi umat kepada Sang Juru Selamat, mulai dikenal alat bantu berupa gambar?

Bisa juga ya .

Sebagai alat peraga.

:D
Καὶ μὴ κρίνετε, καὶ οὐ μὴ κριθῆτε· καὶ μὴ καταδικάζετε, καὶ οὐ μὴ καταδικασθῆτε. ἀπολύετε, καὶ ἀπολυθήσεσθε· (Luk 6:37 BGT)

Offline sniperX

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: ****
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
Cuma membayangkan nih. Seandainya Jesus hadir di dunia pertama kali di jaman sekarang ini. Apakah tetap tidak ada gambar, foto, video, bahkan website dan facebook Nya ?

Offline hanhalim2

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: R.katholik
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »

Bisa juga ya .

Sebagai alat peraga.

:D

Bagaimana dengan gambar Yesus yang didapat dari Visionnya Akiane ???

Tuhan Yesus memberkati

Han
Bukan semua nas/ayat  yang tertulis dalam Alkitab adalah Firman Allah dan juga Tidak seluruh Firman Allah tertulis lengkap dalam Alkitab.

( mudah mudahan dimengerti penjelasannya )

Offline quovadis

• FIK - Full
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: kristen
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »
Bagaimana dengan gambar Yesus yang didapat dari Visionnya Akiane ???

Tuhan Yesus memberkati

Han

Kalau hanya simbol dan tidak disembah ya ora opo opo mas

Offline hanhalim2

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: R.katholik
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
Kalau hanya simbol dan tidak disembah ya ora opo opo mas

Yup !!! :deal: :deal:

Tuhan Yesus memberkati

Han
Bukan semua nas/ayat  yang tertulis dalam Alkitab adalah Firman Allah dan juga Tidak seluruh Firman Allah tertulis lengkap dalam Alkitab.

( mudah mudahan dimengerti penjelasannya )

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »
Mestinya yang paling tua adalah kain kafan Turin dan Sudarium/Mandylion.

Offline salt

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: **
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
Mestinya yang paling tua adalah kain kafan Turin dan Sudarium/Mandylion.

Sayang belum diakui secara resmi ya.

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
Sayang belum diakui secara resmi ya.
diakui secara resmi oleh siapa?

Offline salt

• Super Hero
  • Reputation Power:
  • Denominasi: **
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
diakui secara resmi oleh siapa?

Setahu saya Gereja Katolik belum mengakuinya secara resmi, bro.
Atau sudahkah?

Syalom

Offline roderick

• Global Moderator
  • FIK - Senior
  • Reputation Power:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Setahu saya Gereja Katolik belum mengakuinya secara resmi, bro.
Atau sudahkah?

Syalom
Sepertinya secara formal belum, tapi nolak juga kagak. Ya tidak masalah juga sih sebenernya karena bukan bagian dari ajaran iman.